Spiced Dutch Yellowtail Crudo
- Single, 4 oz fillet of Dutch Yellowtail
- 1 cup / 288 g kosher salt (preferably Diamond Brand)
- 1 cup / 200 sugar
- ½ tsp / 1.15 g paprika
- ½ tsp / 1.2 g onion powder
- ½ tsp / 0.75 g garlic powder
- ½ tsp / 1 g cayenne
- ½ tsp 1.15 g black pepper
- 3 tbsp / 18 g sliced scallions curls
- 2 tbsp / 15 g capers
- 3 tbsp / 45 g of artichoke bruschetta (from your local market)
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp / 1 g of Aleppo pepper
- ¼ tsp / 1.25 g flaky salt
- 1 loaf of fresh crusty bread
- Remove Dutch Yellowtail from the package and pat dry.
- Mix paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and black pepper in a bowl and cover the fish in the spice mix.
- Mix salt and sugar together and cover the fish with the mixture. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once the fish is done curing, delicately brush off salt and sugar and mix with a dry paper towel. Be sure to keep spice rub on the fillet.
- Thinly slice pieces against the grain, as thin as possible.
- Toast bread and slice into wedges.
- To assemble: place artichoke bruschetta at the base of the plate.
- Shingle the fish atop. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top of the fish.
- Garnish with lemon zest, flaky salt, Aleppo pepper, capers, and scallion.
- Serve with bread and enjoy.