Prosciutto-Wrapped Dutch Yellowtail Skewers
- 1 pound / 500 g Dutch Yellowtail fillets, frozen
- 8 slices prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp / 15 g chopped parsley, to garnish
Spicy Citrus Sauce:
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp / pinch of salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp / 150 ml canola or other unflavored oil
- Take out the yellowtail fillets and thaw, but do not thaw all the way through (it’s easier to slice and skewer this way).
- Soak some wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F / 220° C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or aluminum foil, and set a rack over the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Take the almost thawed fillets and cut into long pieces, then skewer.
- Wrap prosciutto around the yellowtail skewers.
- Brush olive oil over each skewer and season with black pepper.
- Arrange skewers on the rack and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and the prosciutto is crispy.
- While the skewers are cooking, make the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, orange juice, sriracha, and salt until frothy. Whisking constantly, slowly add in the oil, drop by drop, until the sauce is thick and oil is incorporated. When the sauce emulsifies and starts to thicken, you can add the oil in a thin stream, instead of drop by drop.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and serve with spicy citrus sauce on the side.