Dutch Yellowtail skewers with Hoisin and Soy Sauce
Chef Sander Dijkema
- 3 tbsps / 50 ml soy sauce
- 3 tbsps / 50 ml hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp / 25 g white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp / 25 g black sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 1 stalk spring onion
- Furikake seasoning (to taste)
- 7 oz / 200 g Dutch Yellowtail Top Loin
This Dutch Yellowtail with Hoisin and Soy Sauce dish by Chef Sander Dijkema takes skewers to a whole new level.
- Mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds and the juice & zest of 1 lime. Let this steep for fifteen minutes.
- Cut the fish into cubes of 2 cm x 2 cm (¾ in x ¾ in). Mix the fish with the marinade and then thread on the skewers
- Grill or fry the skewers briefly.
- Finish with some finely chopped spring onion and furikake.
- Pair this recipe with an unoaked Chardonnay or off-dry Riesling for a truly elevated experience.