Dutch Yellowtail Crudo Tartine
- ½ cup / 118 ml chili olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- ⅓ cup / 56 g peanuts
- 2 tbsp / 28 g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp / 14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp / 4.2 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp / 4.2 g oregano
- 1 tsp / 5.9 g salt
- 1 cup / 236 ml red wine vinegar
- ½ cup / water
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add the chili olive oil, garlic cloves, peanuts, and sesame seeds to a pan and cook over medium heat for 4-6 mins stirring constantly.
- Let it cool down for at least 10 mins before adding to a blender or immersion blending with the rest of the ingredients.
- Seal and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, heat the vinegar, water, salt and sugar till the mixture simmers and sugar is diluted.
- Add shallots to a jar and pour vinegar on top. Seal and refrigerate.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, once hot add bread and toast both sides. Remove from pan and let cool. Brush with salsa macha.
- Thinly slice the defrosted Dutch Yellowtail.
- Thinly mandolin the peeled red plums.
- Grate tomatoes, strain, toss with olive oil and salt.
- Arrange fish, plums, tomatoes, pickled shallots, and sprinkle with salt.
- With a pastry brush or spoon, finish with more salsa macha, cilantro, and toasted sesame/peanuts.