Prosciutto Wrapped Dutch Yellowtail
Erin, Platings & Pairings
- 1 pound Dutch Yellowtail Fillets, Frozen
- 8 slices prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 table spoon chopped parsley, to garnish
spicy citrus sauce:
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or other unflavored oil
- Take out the yellowtail and thaw, but not all the way through ( it’s easier to slice this way)
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Set a rack over a baking sheet. Set aside
- Slice fish into long pieces, then skewer.
- Wrap prosciutto around skewers
- Brush olive oil over each skewer and season with pepper.
- Arrange skewers on baking rack and bake 10-15 min, in a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon, orange, sriracha & salt frothy. Whisking constantly, slowly, add in the oil, drop by drop, until the sauce is thick and oil is incorporated.
- Remove from the oven & serve with spicy citrus sauce!