If you want to experience a delicious dish with Dutch Yellowtail, try this one, Grilled Yakitory. It has been developed by Mart Scherp, chef and owner -together with his wife Dhani- of Restaurant Scherp in Middelburg, Zeeland.
- Dutch Yellowtail belly portion
- Yakitori stir fry sauce
- Roasted black sesame seeds
- Roasted white sesame seeds
- Finely chopped spring onion
- Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Finely chopped fresh pepper
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Wok oil
- Use kitchen paper to dry the fish and cut into cubes.
- Put the cubes onto wooden (pre-soaked in water) or stainless steel barbecue skewers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush with wok oil.
- Grill them alternately on hot barbecue or in the hot grill pan, until the fish is heated through but not dry.
- Squeeze lime juice over them and coat them with the Yakitori sauce.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, salad onion, the pepper and the white and black sesame seeds.
Nice to alternate the dice of fish with pieces of red onion and pointed bell pepper. For a full meal use large skewers, for tapas use mini skewers.