Citrus Pan-Seared Dutch Yellowtail:
- packages of Dutch Yellowtail fillets
- 3 tbsp / 42.5 g butter
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup / 79 ml white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tbsp / 14.2 g butter
- ¼ cup / 4 g chopped cilantro
Peach Cucumber Salsa:
- 3 ripe peaches, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ½ cup / 26 g red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, minced
- ⅓ cup (5.3 g) fresh cilantro, finely chopped fresh
- Juice of 2 limes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp / (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and olive oil to the pan and heat to a simmer. Add fish and do not fiddle with it. Let sear for 4 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Turn the fish over, shut the heat off (the residual heat continues to cook the fish), and let it rest in the skillet for 2 minutes more. Transfer fish to a serving platter.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan, and add the lemon and lime juice.
- Simmer until reduced by half and add the lime zest.
- Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of butter to give the sauce a creamy texture. Remove from heat, add the cilantro, and drizzle over the fish.
In a large bowl, gently combine everything together. Season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.